How do I study the Bible?
If you're ready to dig into the word of God and you want some practical help with understanding and interpreting the Scriptures, you've come to the right place. This helpful guide will provide you with basic interpretation principles and tools to help you read the Bible and put it into practice.
This study will help you understand the different parts of the Bible, their meaning for ancient audiences and their implications for you today, so you can uncover the truth in God's word.
Available in days
days after you enroll
- The Need to Interpret and A Good Translation (18:51)
- The New Testament Letters - Context (12:55)
- The New Testament Letters - Interpretation (7:38)
- The Old Testament Narratives (27:28)
- The Book of Acts - What's the Story? (14:30)
- The Gospels - Four biographical accounts about Jesus (17:19)
- Parables - What's the Point? (12:08)
- The Law - God's Covenant for God's People. (22:38)
- The Prophets - The Arbitrators of the Covenant (17:54)
- The Psalms - The prayers of God's People (14:29)
- Wisdom - A resource for Chistian Living. (13:38)
- Revelation - Images of Judement and Hope. (18:09)
This study uses the following sourse material:
- How to Read the Bible for All It's Worth, by Gordon fee and Douglas Stuart. Inter-Varsity Press, 2003
- Basic Bible Interpretation: a Practical Guide to Discovering Biblical Truth. By Roy B Zuck. Victor books. 1991
- New Testament Perspectives course notes. Calvin Theological Seminary, Prof. Dean Deppe, 2000.
- Introduction to Bible Interpretation. By William Klein, Craig Blomberg, Robert Hubbard Jr. Word Publishing. 1993.
Check out some of the other courses available from Discovery Church
We are adding more courses on a regular basis. Please check back soon for more content to become available.
Check your inbox to confirm your subscription